Most of us tend to hibernate in winter, but with spring around the corner, it’s time to glam up and glow! If you feel like your skin is looking a little lackluster, your waistline could use some attention or your hair growth is out of control, we can help. Without further ado, here’s your complete spring beauty checklist to have you ready for the warmer months.
Contour and tone
What is it about winter that makes us want to eat more? Some say it’s a survival impulse from times past, when we would have to stock up on calories to last through the colder months. Others say we eat to warm the body up, but maybe it’s just a way to combat the winter blues. There’s nothing like a jam donut to pick up one’s mood, after all.
If you’ve been overindulging in rich, hearty foods this winter and it’s starting to show, we have the perfect solution. It’s called Cooltech – a painless, effective, non-surgical fat reduction treatment.
So, how does it work? Cooltech uses a cooling process called ‘cool assisted lipolysis’ to freeze and destroy fat cells. It can be used on the waist, thighs, knees, buttocks, chin and flank.
To find out more, click here. You may also want to add a series of TightSculpt treatments to your spring beauty checklist. These are great for sculpting and skin tightening.
Say goodbye to unwanted hair
One of the perks of winter is being able to rug up and forget about regular hair removal. However, as the season draws to a close, you may be starting to look a little gorilla-like under your layers. And once spring arrives, it’ll be time to ditch the layers and expose some skin.
So, what are your options? Do you:
- Shave. This option is cheap, but the hair will be back in a few days and you may end up looking like you’ve had a run-in with Jack the Ripper if you’re prone to cuts.
- Wax. Ouuuuuuch! This method yanks the hairs out of the roots, and boy can it be painful. Waxing can also add up, with each treatment ranging from $20 to $60 on an ongoing basis. Sure, you could DIY with a cheap tub of wax, but the process can be sticky and messy (don’t go there if your patience is thin).
- Use depilatory creams. These creams dissolve the hair shaft. While hairs don’t grow back as fast as with shaving, they will return. You can count on it.
- Opt for laser hair removal. This option allows you to achieve up to 90% PERMAMENT hair reduction and smooth skin year-round. Spring special: 20% off laser hair removal.
That’s right, answer 4 should be the next item on your spring beauty checklist.
We offer two hair removal solutions at Southern Cosmetics: Fotona’s Nd:YAG laser and IPL. Find out more about the treatments here.
Revive dull skin
Dry air and indoor heating can leave your skin looking tired and lackluster by the end of winter. If your complexion needs freshening up, we offer a range of dermal treatments to restore your glow.
Popular suggestions for your spring beauty checklist include:
* Our Synergie Bio-Alginate mask: It treats hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone, dryness, and dullness from seasonal and environmental changes. Spring special: $99 (usually $120)
* Chemical peels: We offer a wide range of peels to deeply exfoliate and hydrate your skin. Have a browse here.
* Carbon laser facial: This treatment targets the signs of ageing and boosts collagen and elastin production. It improves pore size, skin tone and texture, while also assisting with acne and post-acne discolouration. More details here.
* Erbium laser peel: This treatment reduces surface imperfections and improves the appearance of fine lines and pores. Read more here.
Spring skincare tips
Before we go, here are some skincare tips to remember this spring:
- Use serums for added hydration. Serums are comprised of smaller molecules and active ingredients that can penetrate deeply into the skin. Ask us for advice.
- Drink plenty of water and avoid too much caffeine or alcohol.
- Remember to exfoliate to remove dead skin cells. This will also allow serums and moisturisers to do their job.
- Apply sunscreen liberally.
– Synergie Bio-Alginate mask $99 (usually $120)
– 20% off Laser hair removal for spring
– Purchase 2mls of dermal filler for $1150 (usually $1250)
– Receive a free Synergie Super Serum (valued at $125) with your Ultraformer full or lower face treatment. This preventative skin solution contains an advanced active botanical that affects the way our genes produce collagen, and a cutting-edge neuropeptide that mimics the effects of muscle relaxants, softening fine lines and wrinkles. The powerful serum is further enhanced with potent peptides, working to reverse cellular ageing and repair the DNA, ensuring longevity and protection of the genome.
We hope you’ve found our spring beauty checklist handy. Remember, we’re here to help you feel and look your absolute best in time for spring, so please book in. Click here to book online.
324 Bluff Road, Sandringham
P: 03 9533 1100